As most of you know, H1B cap has been exceeded for the last few years. In 2018, USCIS received 190K applications. And as we know the cap for H1B is 65,000 with an additional 20,000 for masters students.
The following are the documents that you need to take before your H1B interview.
1) Current valid passport with at least 2 – 3 years validity (this is recommended). Also, carry your old passports.
2) 2 photographs – Please note that eyeglasses should be removed prior to taking the photograph
3) Visa payment fees – Print out of confirmation page prior to the interview. Generally, AXIS bank in India is the preferred choice to get this done.
Before going to the bank, carry the applicable U.S. visa fee collection slip available after logging into your US profile. Carry the fee collection slip to the bank when you pay your fee. After receiving your payment, the bank will give you a receipt.
4) Appointment letter print out that confirms the date/ time and location of the interview. This shows that you have scheduled your appointment
5) Approved I – 129 and/or I – 797 copy.
Supporting Documents which are nice to have:
- Job letter from your employer
- Salary slips ( last 3 months)
- W2 documents if applicable, Tax Returns
- Previous approved I – 797 documents
- Educational degrees (Bachelors / Masters / PhD)
- Approved LCA
- Approved I-140 application if applicable
Checkout our other posts about h1B.